I’ve always been interested in life or beauty hacks and organic ways for enhancing natural beauty. I’ve tried many different beauty tips and tricks along the way and thought I would share some of them. I haven’t tried all of them, but these are ones that I have heard through the grapevine or have read up on these tips!
- Drink water – all day everyday. Wake up in the morning and drink a glass of water. I’m trying to cultivate this habit and there are so many benefits to flushing the toxins out of your system.
- Scrub your legs – I use a combination of brown sugar and olive oil and mix it in a bowl. In the shower, using circular motions, scrub your legs and rinse the remaining sugar off. Your legs will feel silky smooth and it’s a cheaper and more effective method of removing ingrown hairs.
- Coconut Oil for your face –If your skin needs a little TLC, try using a half a teaspoon of raw coconut oil and rub this onto your skin, after a shower, when the pores on your skin are open. This moisturises your skin and improves the overall condition for dry skin.
- Make your lashes longer – By applying a little vaseline for 3/4 times in the evening every week
- Drink Green Tea – Drink green tea with a straw to avoid staining your teeth and making them yellow. It’s a natural way for weight loss.
- One spoonful of raw, unrefined honey before bed, every evening – This is slightly controversial, but the benefits can alleviate allergies, lead to healthy weight management, regulates sleep, honey is filled with tons of antioxidants. I’m looking to try this natural remedy out.
- Tired eyes? Try rosewater in cotton pads – Pour rosewater on two cotton pads and let them rest on your eyes for a minimum of 10 minutes. It’s cooling, and helps treat dark circles.
- Dark, sweaty underarms? Try rubbing half a lemon once a day, during your shower. It whitens the underarm area and eliminates any bad body odour.
- Scalp Detox – I haven’t tried this, but I’ll definitely give this a go – This helps get rid of dead skin, unclogs pores, and remove product build up for healthy hair: baking soda, olive oil and cinnamon. You mix up 1tsp baking soda, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp of cinnamon in a bowl and apply this to your scalp for 10 mins. Rinse off and continue with shampoo and conditioner. This treatment should be done once a week to see results.
- For zits/acne – Try using a Neem facewash with tumeric. For pesky zits – take on a cotton bud a drop of teatree oil and leave this overnight and the spot should fade away. It’s better to avoid popping a zit, to avoid permanent scarring.
What are your beauty/life hacks?